Saturday, January 17

I can do anything ....

So, last thursday, I got really adventurous and decided that I had had enough of being couped up in my house with two kids. Just because I have two little kids, doesn't mean I have to be housebound, does it? Well... I packed up the kids in the afternoon, and we went to COSTCO!! I figured it was a good "first place" to try taking them all by myself. You gotta love Costco. My favorite reason... they have super wide baskets that hold two kids... or a carrier and a kid.
We wandered around for almost an hour trying all the samples, and looking at all the good things that they sell in packages too big for my family. The highlight was when I got Rebekah a sample of english muffin with melted butter on it. I got a sample for her off the little table, and handed it to her, then took one for myself. As we start to walk away, Rebekah turns to the women who was manning the table and as clear as day says, "Thank you". The women thought Rebekah was so cute. Why is this the highlight of my trip? Because... if I can not only take my kids somewhere on my own, but have them be well behaved and polite to strangers... then I can do anything!!!


5 comments:

Robert and Suzanne said...

Rumors are that while you were focusing your attention on rebekah, Jonah was having a long conversation with the man next to him giving him the answers how to solve world hunger, world peace, and the US tax deficit. Did RL get her cake and M&M's

Russell Family said...

Yay! Glad it went so well! It's so great that she said 'thank you' without any prompting!

Bren said...

I love how the basket has milk and salad... very good healthy food. Nice work!

Katy said...

I wish I could take credit for the pic, but I found it online... makes me look like we eat healthy though, so that's good I guess.

GMDonovan said...

Good work!
And RL's courtesy is no surprise since she is perfect, but we like others outside the family to acknowledge that, too.

Hope this trend continues for all future outings!

Tutu