Thursday, November 3

Trick or Treating

Let me start by saying how totally weird it was on Halloween to walk around the neighborhood with my kids and trick or treat. Then to see all of the other trick or treaters.

Let me explain. Growing up we lived on a flag lot {our home sat off the street down a long, dark driveway}. Needless to say, we never got trick or treaters... like e-v-e-r. Our neighborhood was made up of old grouchy people who never really got into the holiday, so we didn't even trick or treat on our street. Sad, I know.

After we got married, we lived in an apartment for 5 years and got one trick or treater. There were no kids in our complex, and because it was gated entry, no one could get in.

Fast forward to present. We live on a quiet street with LOTS of kids. They spend their afternoons riding bikes, playing street ball, and just hanging out around the neighborhood. It feels like some weird little town where everyone knows everyone.. and I dunno, maybe it is!

My parents came over to man the door and the candy handing out while Danior and I took the kids around our street. They had so much fun. My camera battery died (boo!) as I was walking out the door. So, I had to use the other camera {to say I despise that camera would be an understatement}. I don't have too many pictures, but I wanted to post the few that I took. Enjoy!






I hope you had a safe and fun Halloween!!!

No comments: